Bob Dylan - Dylan & The Dead
Dylan & the Dead is a collaborative live album by Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead, released in 1989 by Columbia Records. It consists of seven songs written and sung by Dylan, with the Dead providing accompaniment. The album was produced by Jerry Garcia and John Cutler.
Dylan & the Dead was recorded in 1987, during a successful stadium tour of the same name. Songs from two of the Grateful Dead performances are documented on the album View from the Vault IV.
The album sold well, reaching #37 on the Billboard charts in the U.S., #38 in the UK, and earning gold status in the United States.
Despite strong initial sales, the album was poorly received by critics. Rolling Stone stated that the record "makes you wonder what the fuss [over the tour] was about," although they did have some kind words for several of the tracks." Writing for The Village Voice, influential music critic Robert Christgau said that what Dylan "makes of his catalogue here is exactly what he's been making of it for years — money." Source: Wikipedia
- A1) Slow Train
- A2) I Want You
- A3) Gotta Serve Somebody
- A4) Queen Jane Approximately
- B1) Joey
- B2) All Along The Watchtower
- B3) Knockin On Heaven's Door
Track listing above is from 1989-Jan-01 | Netherlands | CBS - CBS 463381 1 LP
- 1989-Jan-01 | Netherlands | CBS - CBS 463381 1 LP
- 1989-Jan-01 | Canada | Columbia - OC-45056 LP
- 1989-Jan-01 | UK & Europe | CBS - 463381 1 LP
- 1989-Jan-01 | US | Columbia - C 45056 LP
- 1989-Jan-01 | Greece | CBS - CBS 463381 1 LP
- 1989-Jan-31 | Brazil | CBS - 177.130/1-463381 LP
Images from Vinyl Releases of Dylan & The Dead
Check out more vinyl records by Bob Dylan